Mar 31, 2014

A Bookish Day: Becca Fitzpatrick in Manila!


Last Saturday, I finally met Becca Fitzpatrick a.k.a. the creator of Patch Cipriano my babyyyy. Those of you who know me well are aware of my undying love for the Hush, Hush series so when I learned that Becca would be coming here, you can only imagine the amount of screaming and flailing involved.

Becca answering questions + me with her (thanks Nina for the photo!)
First order of business was the blogger forum! I asked Becca which of her books is her favorite and she said that out of the Hush, Hush series, it would have to be Finale because by the time she wrote it, she already knew what she was doing and was more confident with her writing, but out of all of her books, her fave is Sapphire Skies. And for those of you who've read Finale, Becca also mentioned that she knew of a certain character's death (T_T) even before she wrote it. What a meanie lol jk ;D Becca was such a sweetie! Anyway, Kate did a better job of transcribing the forum so you might want to check out her recap.

Photos from Kate
One of the best parts of events like this is hanging out with my PH book blogging buddies! That's us posing with Becca, and then again with our ARCs of Black Ice that Becca brought herself! Told you she's a sweetie <3

And then it was time for the book signing proper! Look at that crowd. Becca answered more questions and gave out more ARCs of Black Ice to the three people who came the earliest! Even more screaming and flailing involved, understandably. The book comes out on October, you guys.

Here are my signed lovelies! *huggles* I think I'll be having a personal Becca Fitzpatrick read-a-thon before Black Ice comes out (if I'll be able to wait that long lol). I last read the Hush, Hush series back in 2012, anyway...

Aside from Becca who took the time to visit us readers here in the Philippines, we also have the ever-amazing National Bookstore to thank for bringing her! The next bookish day will be on April so mark your calendars, fellow Pinoys! ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments so post away! <3

Also, I appreciate the thought but this is now an award- and tag-free zone :D