Feb 6, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday {17}: Requiem

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, where bloggers post about much-awaited releases!

Title: Requiem (Delirium #3)
Author: Lauren Oliver
Release Date: March 5th 2013
Publisher: HarperTeen
Now an active member of the resistance, Lena has been transformed. The nascent rebellion that was under way in Pandemonium has ignited into an all-out revolution in Requiem, and Lena is at the center of the fight. 
After rescuing Julian from a death sentence, Lena and her friends fled to the Wilds. But the Wilds are no longer a safe haven—pockets of rebellion have opened throughout the country, and the government cannot deny the existence of Invalids. Regulators now infiltrate the borderlands to stamp out the rebels, and as Lena navigates the increasingly dangerous terrain, her best friend, Hana, lives a safe, loveless life in Portland as the fiancĂ©e of the young mayor. Requiem is told from both Lena’s and Hana’s points of view. The two girls live side by side in a world that divides them until, at last, their stories converge.
The end is coming for another one of my favorite series. I've been excited for this one ever since I read that hair-pull-inducing ending in Pandemonium, but honestly, I don't think my heart is ready for the pain which I know will come in huge doses. Oh, Alex...
(cover and summary from Goodreads.com)

9 comments:

  1. I have yet to read this one but am dying to know what everyone is talking about! Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need this book sooo bad. The Pandemonium ending is just torture! I can't wait to find out what happens. Great pick! :)

    My WoW: http://dragongirl28.blogspot.com/2013/02/waiting-on-wednesday-mila-20.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am just about to start delirium so I'll be wanting this pretty soon too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I CANNOT WAIT for this one! The whole Alex ending left me with my jaw dropped!

    Great pick! New Follower :)

    My WoW @The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am on team Alex all the way! I can't wait for this one. The release date keeps slowly creeping closer.

    Also, I really like your blog. New Follower!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. So excited for the final book in the Delirium series. I can't wait to find out how everything will end. Great pick!
    Em @ A Beautiful Madness
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been waiting to continue with Pandemonium, because I heard about the killer ending. With Requiem coming close to publishing, I think I can start reading it soon :D

    WoW Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. *head down* It's true... I still haven't read Delirium. I have it sitting patiently on my shelf. It's been there since it was released... and still, I haven't gotten to it. I will punish myself now... :(

    Great pick though! I hear both Delirium and Pandemonium were awesome, so I'm sure this one will be too! Thanks for stopping by! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. My goodness that does sounds like an interesting book. Great pick and Happy Reading! Here is my WoW for this week!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments so post away! <3

Also, I appreciate the thought but this is now an award- and tag-free zone :D