Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews, where bloggers share recently bought, borrowed, won, and gifted books (print or ebooks)!
It's time for my second catch-up-on-book-hauls post! God I need to read faster -_-
Q&A A Day: A 3-Year Journal by Betsy Franco
Shadow and Bone (The Grisha #1) by Leigh Bardugo
Siege and Storm (The Grisha #2) by Leigh Bardugo
The Gathering Dark (The Grisha #1) by Leigh Bardugo (signed!)
Ruin and Rising (The Grisha #3) by Leigh Bardugo
World War Z by Max Brooks
Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen
Ashes to Ashes (Burn for Burn #3) by Jenny Han & Siobhan Vivian (signed ARC!)
Keeping the Moon by Sarah Dessen
Lies I Told by Michelle Zink
Empire of Shadows (Bhinian Empire #2) by Miriam Forster
Messenger of Fear (Messenger of Fear #1) by Michael Grant
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
Legend (Legend #1) by Marie Lu (signed!)
- I knew I had to have Q&A A Day the moment I read about it, and so I went hunting for it in my local bookstores as soon as I could; unfortunately, the last entry I got to answer was back in January lol. I should find time to catch up soon. The Edge of Never, on the other hand, is probably my best bargain buy to date. I wandered into the bookstore near my office one day and I had to stop myself from jumping up and down in glee when I spotted this for, like, 60% off.
- The Grisha books are a product of my rare luck when I won a contest ran by the UK publisher. I had to get them sent to my sister so I got them months after, but good lord are they worth the wait. I'm currently reading Shadow and Bone (again, because when I first picked it up, I got so overwhelmed by how good it was that I put it down and never read it again until now), and I plan to read the trilogy alternatingly with the Throne of Glass series.
- World War Z is very different from the movie, as I found out when I read the first fifty pages in the bookstore before I actually bought it. I haven't finished it yet, as you can tell from the bookmark hanging out of it, but it's something I've decided to read only when I feel like it.
- Along for the Ride was something I bought on a whim, because I had a very long wait time and I was stupid enough to not bring a book with me. It kept me occupied for hours and I sure felt like I had a friend with me <3 I got this Ashes to Ashes ARC during Jenny Han's signing here in Manila, but until now I haven't read it. Because I suck.
- Keeping the Moon was another brilliant bargain buy, but I haven't read it yet, just like the ARCs of Lies I Told and Empire of Shadows (which I've decided to give away since I don't have the first book anyway). Messenger of Fear, though, I have tried to read. Let's just say I was bored out of my mind and never got around to finishing it.
- I swear I'll read this gorgeous copy of Fangirl soon. As in very soon. It's ridiculous how long it's been in my shelf, neglected and gathering dust. I'll also be getting a boxset of the Legend trilogy even though I already own the first and third books because I need that damn novella.
- And also from the contest I mentioned earlier, I got these gorgeous Grisha posters that I'll surely be hanging up one day! I specifically told my sister not to fold them because folded posters are the death of me.
Next week's catch-up haul will be the last, I think, although my friend did just tell me about a book sale happening right now until tomorrow, so who knows~