Feb 1, 2016

Recap + Haul {January}

January was a good month. I kept my book-buying to a minimum (although that could be because I channeled my spending to Funko Pop!s, my new addiction), and I'm ahead of my Goodreads reading challenge because I decided not to enroll in school this term since I'd only have three subjects if I did. Bummer. Work was also good, stressful as always, but thank heavens for my friends. On to the books!

These are the only two books I got this month. Well, I actually have another one coming in the mail (the only downside to online book shopping, really) and I can't wait to get my hands on that book! It's the first book in one of the series I talked about in this post. Anyway, I got Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist because I just had to read it after I watched the movie. If you haven't read or seen it yet, I highly suggest you do both as they're equally lovely. As for Vortex, I found it in the half-priced pile during a random bookstore visit just as I was feeling triumphant because I thought I could leave without buying anything. Sigh. I already read and reviewed it but I'll read it again before I get to the third book, so at least I now have my own copy.

Meanwhile, here are the books I read this month! My favorite read of the month would have to be Steelheart; it was even better than I'd expected it to be. I'm going to wait a few months before I get the sequel, though, just so there wouldn't be too long of a gap between the times I read the second and third books. 

What books did you buy and/or read on the first month of the year? As always, drop your recommendations in the comments below! ;D

1 comment:

  1. Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist is AMAZING - you are going to love it. It's written in this lyrical, immediate kind of way. 💖 And it's fearless! I just read the goodreads synopsis for 'A Drop of Night' and it sounds amazing! I'm looking forward to reading your review of it.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments so post away! <3

Also, I appreciate the thought but this is now an award- and tag-free zone :D