Aug 14, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday {26}

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, where bloggers post about much-awaited releases!

Title: The Elites
Author: Natasha Ngan
Release Date: September 5th 2013
Publisher: Hot Key Books
‘There is a rumour that the Elites don’t bleed.’
Hundreds of years into the future, wars, riots, resource crises and rising sea-levels have destroyed the old civilisations. Only one city has survived: Neo-Babel, a city full of cultures – and racial tension.
Fifteen-year-old Silver is an Elite, a citizen of Neo-Babel chosen to guard the city due to her superior DNA. She’d never dream of leaving – but then she fails to prevent the assassination of Neo Babel’s president, setting off a chain of events more shocking and devastating than she could ever have imagined. Forced to flee the city with her best friend Butterfly (a boy with genetically-enhanced wings), Silver will have to fight to find her family, uncover the truth about Neo-Babel and come to terms with her complicated feelings for Butterfly.
Nope, that cover is not why I want to read The Elites. Not at all. Seriously, though, just how awesome does this book sound? People with superior DNA and genetic enhancements? Sign me up.

Title: Hurt
Author: Tabitha Suzuma
Release Date: September 5th 2013
Publisher: Definitions
Why? is the burning question on everyone’s lips. Why would a guy like Mathéo Walsh want to die? At seventeen, he is Britain’s most promising diving champion. He is a heartthrob, a straight A student and lives in one of the wealthiest areas of London. He has great mates and is the envy of everyone around him. And most importantly of all, he is deeply in love with his girlfriend, Lola. He has always been a stable, well-adjusted guy...
Until one weekend. A weekend he cannot seem to remember. All he knows is that he has come back a changed person. One who no longer knows how to have fun, no longer wants to spend time with his friends, no longer enjoys diving. Something terrible happened that weekend – something violent and bloody and twisted. He no longer knows who he is. He no longer trusts himself around people: he only wants to hurt, wound and destroy. Slowly, he begins to piece back the buried, fragmented memories, and finds himself staring at the reflection of a monster.
Tormented, Mathéo suddenly finds himself faced with the most devastating choice of his life. Keep his secret, and put those closest to him in terrible danger. Or confess, and lose Lola forever...
Excuse me while I stare at that cover model's face. Jesus Christ, is he beautiful or is he beautiful? Anyway, Hurt sounds so dark and twisted, and it's so mysterious that I can't even form theories about it! Really looking forward to this one.

10 comments:

  1. Great picks! I'm really excited for The Elites. It sounds really amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this author. I learned about this book on Facebook the other day. Can't wait to read it. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Elites sounds good. I hadn't heard of it - thanks for sharing!

    Here's my WOW pick.

    Kimberly
    Wit and Sin

    ReplyDelete
  4. They both sound really good! I haven't heard of either of them, so thanks for sharing more books I can add to my never ending TBR list:)
    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! The Elites looks like an amazing read. I also love that cover! The girl looks totally badass. It helps that the blurb is interesting as well. Definitely adding this to my TBR.

    Yes! The cover model on Hurt is gorgeous. I'm so curious as to what happened to him that weekend.
    Thanks for sharing these! :)

    Happy reading!

    Nick - My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first book sounds totally interesting and original! Thanks so much for sharing :)
    Waiting on Wednesday
    Giveaways: Paperback of The GAP Club & 5 signed YA books

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hurt looks so amazing :3 I can't wait to read it! Great picks(:
    Jackie

    http://www.nobentspines.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Elites look AMAZING! The cover wasn't the first thing that caught my eye either. :P Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great picks. The Elites looks brilliant. I love the cover too :)
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, these both look really great! Thanks for sharing.

    my WoW.

    Stop by my giveaway if you have a moment!

    Jess @ Such A Novel Idea

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments so post away! <3

Also, I appreciate the thought but this is now an award- and tag-free zone :D