Feb 20, 2014

Life of a Blogger {4}

Life of a Blogger is a weekly feature hosted by Jessi at Novel Heartbeat where bloggers chatter about random, non-bookish topics. This week's topic is introvert or extrovert?

Since I was a kid, I've always thought of myself as an introvert. I didn't talk unless I was talked to first; I hated being watched by everyone in class when I was called by the teacher; my hands shook when I read the First Reading for the Baccalaureate Mass during my grade school graduation, and if I hadn't read it enough times to memorize it, I surely would have knocked over the mic in my attempt to turn the missalette. What a nightmare that could've been.

But now that I'm turning twenty-one in less than a month and have been in college for almost five years, I don't think I'm that much of an introvert anymore. I've learned to start conversations lest I want to be a mute for most of my classes (especially now that I don't have friends in my new program). I'm not even afraid anymore to approach people for help, like, one time at this huge-ass mall with my older siblings, we couldn't locate a certain store because none of us goes to that mall frequently. They were intent on walking around for god knows how long just to find that store, but my feet were aching and I was starving so I asked one of the security guards for directions. You should've seen the look on my sibs' faces.

But just what makes an introvert?
[Introverts] are energized and excited when they are involved with the ideas, images, memories, and reactions that are a part of their inner world. Introverts often prefer solitary activities or spending time with one or two others with whom they feel an affinity, and they often have a calming effect on those around them.
So, yes, I'm still an introvert, but I think I'm less shy now. At least my mom knows she didn't waste her money when she enrolled me in a personality development class when I was eight lol.

What about you guys? I think most of us readers are introverts in one way or another, but raise your hand if you're the rare extrovert!

4 comments:

  1. I definitely fall into the introvert category as well. But my last two jobs have involved talking on the phone, so I'm developing better skills, but I know I'll always feel awkward talking to people I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a complete Introvert. Thought I have come out of my shell more and more over the years. Probably why I love blogging. It allows me to meet people that understand the things I like and I can talk to them without feeling silly ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're less shy now, I used to be so shy too, until highschool came along. I would still consider myself an introvert though, but it totally depends on the situation! :)

    P.S. Why am I only following you on GFC now? :P

    My Life of a Blogger post

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm an introvert but I'm not shy by any means...I have no problem speaking my mind, I just usually tend to keep to myself! I probably could have used a personality development class, though ;p

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments so post away! <3

Also, I appreciate the thought but this is now an award- and tag-free zone :D