Feb 15, 2014

Stacking the Shelves {19}

Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews, where bloggers share recently bought, borrowed, won, and gifted books (print or ebooks)!

Last month, the amazeballs National Bookstore organized a trade show event for us bloggers where they shared with us some of the upcoming titles that will hit their shelves this year and some awesome bookish events that I'm really excited about! Anyway, after that they gave each of us a huge loot bag with books. And then they brought out more free books! Pretty sure my face was like *____* the whole time lol. Here are the books I got that day:

So I finally got Allegiant and have completed the trilogy! I've yet to read it though (I'm bad with series-enders) and I have to re-read the first two books, anyway. I think I'll get to that before the movie comes out on March, so that's really soon. In the loot bag I mentioned earlier I got Rebel and Ask Again Later but I traded the latter for Steadfast because I couldn't resist the pretty cover. So now I have to get copies of Reboot and Spellcaster. *looks at wallet* *weeps*

From the book pile I also got City of Bones: The Official Illustrated Movie Companion and Lighthouse Island. The movie companion looked too good to pass up so I just grabbed it - and I also really loved the movie so it'd be great to see more of what happened behind-the-scenes. I already leafed through it but I've yet to read it in its entirety. Lighthouse Island, on the other hand, is a post-apocalyptic dystopian novel, and I'd read any one of those. *not pictured* is Never Fall Down which is YA historical fiction. I've heard good things about that one so yeah, grabbed!

I'm obviously trying to drag out my January book haul. Yep, there's another part coming next week! I am officially on a book buying ban now because I have movies to watch (Vampire Academy, Robocop, X-Men, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, The Book Thief, etc.) and book signings to prepare for. 

What books did you guys get this week? Or maybe even last month, if you're a procrastinator like me? XD Leave links to your own book hauls in the comments below!

18 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed Allegiant! I can see why people didn't though. I really hope you like it! Great haul :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Allegiant, and I hope you'll enjoy it, too. Very nice haul. I'm curious about the Mortal Instruments movie companion.

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  3. One day I'll have to read Divergent! I even have it, I just need more time I think. Happy reading!

    here is mine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so jealous that you got to go to the trade show! I didn't go because I didn't know that I was invited but then ate Louisse told me that she saw my name on the list. Ugh, maxirritation! Anyway, Steadfast looks great! The cover is rad. And, I got Ask Again Later from NBS during the Gayle Forman forum, eheh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm bad with series endings as well O.o I have to re-read the first two as well and they're on loan with a friend right now so I have no idea when or if I'm ever going to get to Allegiant. Anyhow, I hope you enjoy all of your pretty ARCs and that you'll love Rebel :) Happy reading!

    Siiri @ Little Pieces of Imagination

    ReplyDelete
  6. If it was me, I'd just skip Allegiant completely. I kinda wish I had, honestly.

    The trade show event sounds awesome! I wish bookstores around here would do things like that.

    My StS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice haul of books. I hope you love all your new books. Steadfast has a beautiful cover indeed.

    Grace
    Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry, I have no comments on books because the reference to Winter Soldier stole my attention. Omgggg can it be now?

    (I actually need to finish reading the comic it's based on.)

    My STS, if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am horrible about ending a series too! I hope you enjoy all your new reads:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing Haul! Hope you enjoy them all & Happy late Valentine's Day!

    My STS this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. *endless fangirling* ALLEGIANT! I absolutely adored that book, so I hope you like it. AND REBEL TOO?! There is way too much awesome in this post. ;) My StS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lighthouse Island is new to me, and it looks totally creepy! I'll definitely have to check that one out. Happy reading :)

    My StS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome book haul! Lucky, I really want a copy of Ask Again Later! I'm bad with series-enders too, so even though I already had Allegiant since last December, I can't bring myself to read it, especially since I love Divergent.

    Stacking the Shelves
    Review: The Summer I Found You

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great haul! I have a copy of Rebel too, but need to get myself Reboot too, oops! Good luck with Allegiant ;) I hope you enjoy all your books :) My STS.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great haul! I didnt like Allegiant but I hope you enjoy your books!

    Check out our STS.

    Leydy @ OUaT & Redcarpetendings

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't read any of these but happy reading!

    Tsuki’s STS

    ReplyDelete
  17. These all look good! Happy Reading! If you'd like, you can stop by my STS

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments so post away! <3

Also, I appreciate the thought but this is now an award- and tag-free zone :D