Mar 22, 2013

Novella Mini-Review: Roar and Liv; Destroy Me

Title: Roar and Liv (Under the Never Sky #0.5)
Author: Veronica Rossi
Release Date: October 30th 2012
Publisher: HarperCollins
We met Roar and Liv in Under the Never Sky and learned about their saddening backstory. So when I started reading this novella, I thought I was ready for all the feels because I knew where this was headed. Turns out, one can never be ready for heartache. 

Sweet and sad at the same time, Roar and Liv made me tear up starting at chapter three (yes, three), and then in every few chapters after that. It wasn't all sobs though, because in here, we also got a deeper look into Roar and Perry's friendship which brought moments of laughter. 

I guess my only complaint about this one is that it's very short, even for a novella, but that also means the plot was extremely tight and the pace extremely fast.

MY FAVORITE PART was every single one with Roar and Liv together in it. This whole novella, basically.

RATING:


Title: Destroy Me (Shatter Me #1.5)
Author: Tahereh Mafi
Release Date: October 2nd 2012
Publisher: Harper
You can't imagine how loud I squealed when I learned about this novella. I loved Warner in Shatter Me, but after reading this, well, as Warner said, "I've fallen. So hard. I've hit the ground. Gone right through it."

Here in Destroy Me, we get to know Warner a whole lot better. We learn the real reasons behind some things he did that made Juliette abhor him - because yes, he's not wicked just because he's the spawn of a futuristic devil.

When I re-read Shatter Me before I reviewed it, I fell for Adam, but now, I am solidly in Team 62 *waves flag*

MY FAVORITE PART was the scene with the dog. I think that revealed so much about Warner's character.

RATING:
(covers from Goodreads.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments so post away! <3

Also, I appreciate the thought but this is now an award- and tag-free zone :D