Sep 25, 2012

Book Review: Eragon - Christopher Paolini

 Title: Eragon (Inheritance #1) - Christopher Paolini
Release Date: The edition I have was first published June 12th 2007
Publisher: Laurel Leaf Literary
Pages: 754 (mass market paperback)
One boy...
One dragon...
A world of adventure.
When Eragon finds a polished blue stone in the forest, he thinks it is the lucky discovery of a poor farm boy; perhaps it will buy his family meat for the winter. But when the stone brings a dragon hatchling, Eragon soon realizes he has stumbled upon a legacy as old as the Empire itself.
Overnight he is thrust into a perilous new world of destiny, magic, and power. With only an ancient sword and the advice of an old story-teller for guidance, Eragon and the fledgling dragon must navigate the dangerous terrain and dark enemies of an empire ruled by a king whose evil knows no bounds.
Can Eragon take up the mantle of the legendary Dragon Riders? The fate of the Empire may rest in his hands.
THE COVER
I love dragons so, of course, I love this cover.

THE STORY
The story was good because of the dragons but I just didn't connect to it. With other books, I felt like I was in their worlds, running and fighting along with the characters, but with this one, I really was just reading a book. I'll probably continue with this series once I get intrigued enough with what happens next.

THE CHARACTERS
I didn't hate Eragon, but I also didn't like him. He was too flat - actually, I found most of the characters to be flat, with the exception of Murtagh.
 
MY FAVORITE PART was the battle towards the end.

RATING: 2.5/5
(photo and summary from Goodreads.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments so post away! <3

Also, I appreciate the thought but this is now an award- and tag-free zone :D