Sep 23, 2012

Book Review: The Mating - Nicky Charles

Title: The Mating (Law of the Lycans #1) - Nicky Charles
Release Date: The edition I have was first published in February 23rd 2010
Publisher: Smashwords
Pages: 897 (ebook)
Elise had no idea when she came home that day that she'd end up mated to a complete stranger. A new Alpha and the need for an alliance between packs have made her a pawn.
THE COVER
It's a free ebook, so I won't complain.

THE STORY
The plot was very good, and in my opinion, The Mating had the best pacing out of all the books in the series. There was a lot of suspense; I was guessing the whole time. I thought I had the villains figured out, but oh no, not even close. I also appreciated the fact that the author knows the difference between werewolves and Lycans. 

The "ummm" scenes erased all the innocence I had left, but no regrets!

THE CHARACTERS
I loved the characters in this. Elise was no weakling and because she was the Alpha's mate, she simply didn't have the right to be one. I also loved when she insisted to get a job because she didn't want to rely on the pack's fund even if she could've lived like a queen.

And, oh, Kane. I liked how he's a mighty Alpha with a soft side.

The other characters were also very developed, and they added to the richness of the story.
 
MY FAVORITE PART was the climax, the confrontation scene. Action ♥  

RATING: 5/5
(photo and summary from Goodreads.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments so post away! <3

Also, I appreciate the thought but this is now an award- and tag-free zone :D