Dec 30, 2013

365 Days of Books: November & December 2013

With the new year fast coming up, I thought I'd recap 2013, the most bookish year in the history of me. I read (and re-read) so many amazing books in these two months and they were the perfect way to end the year. I hope the mojo carries on to 2014!

November
Everything Between Us by Mila Ferrera (3.5/5)
Olivia Twisted by Vivi Barnes (4.5/5)
The Summer My Life Began by Shannon Greenland (2.5/5)
The Naturals (The Naturals #1) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (4.5/5)
(Re-read!) The Selection (The Selection #1) by Kiera Cass (4.5/5)
The Elite (The Selection #2) by Kiera Cass (4/5)
(Re-read!) Midnight City (Conquered Earth #1) by J. Barton Mitchell (4/5)
The Severed Tower (Conquered Earth #2) by J. Barton Mitchell (4.5/5)
(Re-read!) Tempest (Tempest #1) by Julie Cross (4/5)
Vortex (Tempest #2) by Julie Cross (4.5/5)
Dare You To (Pushing the Limits #2) by Katie McGarry (4.5/5)
Total: 13 books (None of them novellas! I'm quite proud of this lol.)

Book of the Month
Title: Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits #1)
Author: Katie McGarry
Release Date: July 31st 2012
Publisher: HarlequinTEEN
Age Group: Young Adult
No one knows what happened the night Echo Emerson went from popular girl with jock boyfriend to gossiped-about outsider with freaky scars on her arms. Even Echo can't remember the whole truth of that horrible night. All she knows is that she wants everything to go back to normal.
But when Noah Hutchins, the smoking-hot, girl-using loner in the black leather jacket, explodes into her life with his tough attitude and surprising understanding, Echo's world shifts in ways she could never have imagined. They should have nothing in common. And with the secrets they both keep, being together is pretty much impossible.
Yet the crazy attraction between them refuses to go away. And Echo has to ask herself just how far they can push the limits and what she'll risk for the one guy who might teach her how to love again.
I had my own Katie McGarry read-a-thon last November and when that ended, Crash Into You was my favorite. But now, I feel like Pushing the Limits impacted me more? I'm not sure, but now I think I enjoyed it more than the third book. Anyway, all the current books in this series are simply amazing and y'all should definitely check them out if you haven't.

December
Addicted for Now (Addicted #2) by Krista & Becca Ritchie (5/5)
These Broken Stars (Starbound #2) by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner (2.5/5)
Another Little Piece of My Heart by Tracey Martin (5/5)
(I read this earlier in the year but just had to read it again before ITSB lol.) Through the Ever Night (Under the Never Sky #2) by Veronica Rossi (5/5)
Brooke (Under the Never Sky #2.5) by Veronica Rossi (4/5)
Crystal Fire (The Hunted #2) by Jordan Dane (3/5)
(I'll re-read this next year so my review will be up then) Into the Still Blue (Under the Never Sky #3) by Veronica Rossi (5/5)
Girls Are Players (G.A.P. #2) by Ingrid Seymour (4.5/5)
Girl of Lies (Rachel's Peril #1) by Charles Sheehan-Miles (3.5/5)
Roomies by Sara Zarr & Tara Altebrando (5/5)
Total: 13 books

Book of the Month
(I saved myself from the agony of choosing between this and Into the Still Blue and decided not to include that in the selection since it'll be released in 2014 anyway.) 
Title: World After (Penryn and the End of Days #2)
Author: Susan Ee
Release Date: November 19th 2013
Publisher: Hodder & Stoughton
Age Group: Young Adult
In this sequel to the bestselling fantasy thriller, Angelfall, the survivors of the angel apocalypse begin to scrape back together what's left of the modern world.
When a group of people capture Penryn's sister Paige, thinking she's a monster, the situation ends in a massacre. Paige disappears. Humans are terrified. Mom is heartbroken.
Penryn drives through the streets of San Francisco looking for Paige. Why are the streets so empty? Where is everybody? Her search leads her into the heart of the angels' secret plans where she catches a glimpse of their motivations, and learns the horrifying extent to which the angels are willing to go.
Meanwhile, Raffe hunts for his wings. Without them, he can't rejoin the angels, can't take his rightful place as one of their leaders. When faced with recapturing his wings or helping Penryn survive, which will he choose?
I hate myself for being so late to jump in to the Angelfall bandwagon, but jump I have! The first book was so awesome and this sequel even more so. Action-packed, hilarious, romantic - I couldn't have asked for more. 

And that's it for my 2013 reads! Tomorrow, I'll be sharing my top book of the year, so excuse me while my brain dies.

1 comment:

I love reading your comments so post away! <3

Also, I appreciate the thought but this is now an award- and tag-free zone :D