Jul 9, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday {3}

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where we post our top tens of anything bookish. This week's topic is "Top Ten Best/Worst Movie Adaptations". I based this list on books that I read and watched, which isn't really that long of a list. I didn't even manage to reach ten :c

Harry Potter - J.K. Rowling
Umm, I don't need to explain this, do I? The films are bloody brilliant, and watching them with my sisters are some of my fondest memories. My favorite's the first one; I've lost count as to how many times I've watched it XD

The Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins
While the movie didn't quite amaze (I blame my high expectations), I still enjoyed it a lot. I dragged my mom to the movie house to watch this with me and I kept explaining everything to her XD I think I'll get her to watch Catching Fire with me, too...

Twilight - Stephenie Meyer
*avoids tomatoes* What?! I enjoyed the books, the movies even more so, and for me quality = enjoyment. I've yet to see the last movie, though.

The Lightning Thief - Rick Riordan
This is one movie that I can watch over and over again because hello, Logan Lerman. I still don't get why a lot of fans of the books hated it. I mean, just because Annabeth wasn't blond in the movie, seriously? Well, it did deviate a lot from the book. The second movie's looking even more awesome, BTW, judging from the trailer.

Eragon - Christopher Paolini
I'm a visual person so it's rare for me to dislike movies, but this is one case where I think the movie outdid the book. Blasphemy? Nah. The book was so bad, it took me almost a month to finish reading it... This coming from a girl who read GRRM's A Clash of Kings in two weeks.

Inkheart - Cornelia Funke
I still thank the heavens that the movie didn't drag like the book. I remember suggesting this during movie night with my sisters...
Them: What's it about?
Me: Stories that come to life.
Them: *YAWN*
Me: It's really good. Just try it. *pops DVD in*
an hour later
Them: Capricorn akhskahdhak!!!

The Da Vinci Code - Dan Brown
I loved the book when I read it back in high school (I'm gonna have to read it again to see if I still do) and I was so defensive of the movie when it came out, what with all the lashing it got from the Catholic Church. 

Sherlock Holmes - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
If there's any movie that should've disappointed me, it's this. If my memory's not being rusty, then this movie sure deviated from the book! But nah, I loved it. It starred Robert Downey Jr. so how could I not?

Game of Thrones - George R.R. Martin
I'm totally cheating here because this is a TV adaptation, but damn, all the episodes are so good, every season might as well be a dragged-out movie.

I obviously need to get better at this read-then-watch thing. Leave links to your own lists in the comments below and I'll be sure to drop by! :D

3 comments:

  1. I completely forgot to add The Hunger Games to my list! Harry Potter made it on their though. Great list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good list, I love Game of Thrones, Harry Potter and The Hunger Games as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Harry Potter and Hunger Games are on my list too! I would have added Game Of Thrones because I LOVE the show, but I've never read the books, so I don't know how they compare. I do plan on reading them sometime though! Great list :)

    Here's my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments so post away! <3

Also, I appreciate the thought but this is now an award- and tag-free zone :D