Jul 30, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday {5}

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where we post our top tens of anything bookish.

This week's topic is Top Ten Favorite Beginnings/Endings in Books. This is such a test on my failing memory, but I'll do five of each XD

FAVE BEGINNINGS:
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Harry Potter #1) by J.K. Rowling
That quote proved to be true, yes? 

The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson & the Olympians #1) by Rick Riordan
This book had me in less than a page.

Shatter Me (Shatter Me #1) by Tahereh Mafi
From the get-go, we already get a grasp of Juliette's fragile mental state and just why she's been locked up for 264 days.

Through the Ever Night (Under the Never Sky #2) by Veronica Rossi
Ah, this was chapter that I'd wanted right after I read Under the Never Sky's last chapter XD

Obsidian (Lux #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
*in the tune of This by Ed Sheeran* This is the start of something tragical~

FAVE ENDINGS:
Catching Fire (The Hunger Games #2) by Suzanne Collins
This ending left my jaws hanging.

Pandemonium (Delirium #2) by Lauren Oliver
And this one left me sobbing in a corner.

Insurgent (Divergent #2) by Veronica Roth
Lol I remember thinking "BRING OUT THE GUNS!" when I read that line XD The Divergent books bring out the warfreak in me.

Outcast by Adrienne Kress
I'll never forget, Gabe. I'll never.

Opal (Lux #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
But there is a Daemon! A very, very sad Daemon :c

10 comments:

  1. Dang it I forgot all about the ending to Delirium! That definitely should've made my list!

    Great picks!
    My TTT will be up tomorrow @ Take Me Away...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harry Potter and Percy Jackson are both incredible boys who grew up in very incredible ways, and have definitely been making the rounds on everyone's lists today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pandemonium, Insurgent, and Catching Fire all had jaw dropping, heart stopping endings!!! Just verifying why book 2 in every series is almost always my favorite!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good list, I love Beginnings of Percy Jackson and Harry Potter as well although I love Percy more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've read every single book on your list, and I absolutely agree with all your choices!! I included Opal on my list too. THAT is how a proper cliffhanger is done. :)

    TTT @ Krista's Dust Jacket

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pandemonium! Oh that book! I thought Delirium did me in and then I read that. I knew it was coming and still...

    Great list!

    My TTT List

    ReplyDelete
  7. AHHH YES! Through the Ever Night started off perfectly :)

    Our TTT

    Ashley @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww Through the Ever Night! I need to read that one. I adored Under the Never Sky. I'm just fearful it won't be as good. Love the list :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good list. Yes to Harry Potter (yes to Harry Potter always) and to Catching Fire.

    Here's my list. I've gone mostly for opening lines.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love Percy Jackson. Great choices.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments so post away! <3

Also, I appreciate the thought but this is now an award- and tag-free zone :D