Dec 26, 2012

Top Ten of 2012 {Day 2}: Best Book Covers of 2012

Top 10 of 2012 will be five days of top ten bookish lists on this last week of 2012!

This post is a day late because I spent my Christmas un-wired from the internet. I admit, I judge books by their covers. If I'm just traipsing around in the bookstore without a specific title in mind, it is the cover that gravitates me towards buying a book or not, and this year, I certainly did a fair amount of drooling over book covers (No, I didn't. That would be gross and, worse, sacrilegious.)



Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi (review)
   Ah, this book made it to my 'best reads' list, too. Something about being beautiful inside and out, yeah? You might not appreciate this piece of gorgeous until you see it in person, though. And the sequel's cover? Even better.



Reaping Me Softly by Kate Evangelista
   Look at that dress. Look at that cage. Look at those butterflies. Look at those beautiful shades of blue! *_*






 Of Poseidon by Anna Banks
   I'm starting to see a pattern here. Blue love, anyone? But this one stands out with the way the girl seems to be either materialising or disintegrating. And the typography, god!







The Story of Us by Deb Caletti
   A sheer, flowy dress + the sun + the beach always equates to WIN! for me ♥






The Selection by Kiera Cass
   I'm not the dress-wearing type of girl - more so gown-wearing - but this one just makes me want to dig up my heels from where they're buried and waltz around everywhere. Disappointed with the dress in the sequel's cover, though :(






Insurgent by Veronica Roth
   This may not be a popular choice, but I think the colors mix really well - or at least better than in Divergent - with that withering tree and the color and typography of the title.






Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
   I love this cover so much - as much as I disdain the US cover - that I asked my sister to buy it for me in London, and now sits in my TBR pile, hihi. Also, I love fierce, sword-wielding females and white/silver/blue hair.







The Diviners by Libba Bray (review)
   Probably another unpopular choice, yeah? I don't know, I just love how occult that cover is.






Black City by Elizabeth Richards
   I think it's obvious that what makes this cover mind-shattering is, well, the shattering rose. Seriously, wow.


  
The Forsaken by Lisa M. Stasse
   Oh man. Look at that perfection. For me, this is the best book cover in this list, hands down. It looks so sleek and professionally-made *w*

1 comment:

  1. Reaping Me Softly is totally new to me but I adore the cover. It's so pretty and unique!

    My Top Ten is here if you'd like a look :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments so post away! <3

Also, I appreciate the thought but this is now an award- and tag-free zone :D