Dec 12, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday {10}: Empty; Falling For You

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, where bloggers post about much-awaited releases!
 
Title: Empty
Author: K.M. Walton
Release Date: January 1st 2013
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Dell is used to disappointment. Ever since her dad left, it’s been one let down after another. But no one—not even her best friend—gets all the pain she’s going through. So Dell hides behind self-deprecating jokes and forced smiles. 
Then the one person she trusts betrays her. Dell is beyond devastated. Without anyone to turn to for comfort, her depression and self-loathing spin out of control. But just how far will she go to make all of the heartbreak and name-calling stop?
I was approved for an eARC of this last month but I decided to read it just before the release date. I've been hearing good things so I'm really excited! I need to read more contemp.

Title: Falling For You
Author: Lisa Schroeder
Release Date: January 1st 2013
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Rae's always dreamed of dating a guy like Nathan. He’s nothing like her abusive stepfather—in other words, he’s sweet. But the closer they get, the more Nathan wants of her time, of her love, of her...and the less she wants to give. 
As Rae’s affection for Nathan turns to fear, she leans on her friend Leo for support. With Leo, she feels lighter, happier. And possessive Nathan becomes jealous. 
Then a tragedy lands Rae in the ICU. Now, hovering between life and death, Rae must find the light amid the darkness…and the strength to fight for life and the love she deserves.
This one, sadly, isn't available at Edelweiss, so I'll surely pick up a copy! But seriously, a dream guy turned abusive boyfriend? Count me in!

What books are you guys waiting for? Comment with your WoW link and I'll make sure to drop by! :D 
(covers and summaries from Goodreads.com) 

6 comments:

  1. Love both of your picks. Cant wait to read these.
    Feel free to check out My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound like two good contemps, the blurbs definitely caught my attention.
    Katja @ YA's the Word

    ReplyDelete
  3. Falling For You sounds so good! There are so many borderline abusive boyfriends in YA that are called affectionate or passionate, it'll be interesting to read about one who's MEANT to be like that.

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  4. Falling for You sounds similar to Knee Deep by Jolene Perry. I really quite enjoyed that book, so I'm feeling hopeful that this one will work for me too. I've come across Empty once or twice before, but haven't really paid it much attention. I'll have to read a few reviews before deciding if it's for me. :) Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of these sound good.

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW

    Sabina @ Delirious About Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. Empty sounds reaaaaaally good! I added it ;)
    thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments so post away! <3

Also, I appreciate the thought but this is now an award- and tag-free zone :D